The T-54 series tanks first appeared in 1949 as replacements for the T-34 tank of World War II. The first T-54 prototype was completed in 1946 with first production beginning in 1947. The T-54 was continuously improved and modified, and, when sufficient changes had been made, the tank was redesignated T-55. The T-55 was introduced in 1958 and incorporates all the refinements and improvements of the fully developed T-54 series without being radically different in design or appearance. The T-55A appeared in the early 1960s. Production continued in the Soviet Union through 1981 and was also undertaken in China (as the Type 59), Czechoslovakia and Poland.
Length: 127mm Width:46.5 mm Height:36.5mm
- Total parts - 73 pieces
- Total sprues - 5 sprues plus lower hull, upper hull, tracks
The kit consists of 71 parts in light grey plastic ,2 of full length vinyl tracks
- 2-directional slide-moulded lower hull with suspensio.
Markings in standard Russian green.